Friday, February 29, 2008

Interesting tools on internet

I am not sure how many people feel the need of a collaborative tools in their day to day life. But I really need them and it is so difficult to decide on one.
For those who aren't sure about collaborative tool, it is a simple collection of tools to share, delegate and track the documents, tasks, mails, views etc etc.

I always find these tools very productive and I am not talking about the work space. I mean I need it with friends, social circle, volunteer projects etc. I like to share my calender, my tasks, interesting articles I found, send some tasks to friends, share videos, photos, invite people to check out something, create projects, share work etc.

There are a lot of companies invested in this and it is so unfortunate to see the innovation is missing in most of them (well I tried a lot of online products available in market ). Even Google is falling quite short in this. They recently game up with googlesites (sites.google.com), it is a step in the right direction but it is still not there.

Some of the simple tools you can try
http://www.basecamphq.com/
simple, easy to configure and provides a lot of features but not so elegant
http://hitask.com/
Elegant, simple, good number of functionalities (Best suited for individuals or small groups)
http://www.dotproject.net/
Best free ware but requires a lot of work in installing configuring. It covers almost all the things you need but the UI etc is not at product level.

If you have come across any good tools let me know, I would like to try !

No comments: