Friday, July 13, 2007

Think for a second.....

Sometimes don't you think , why do I do a lot of things I don't enjoy at all.

I am always afraid to dwell upon this subject "why do we do something we don't enjoy". Today I am going to fight my daemons.

I am sure you must have gone to numerous parties you don't enjoy or talked to people you can't stand. So the question is why we do that...is it the social responsibility, is it something we do because we never really gave much thought on it or we do it in hope we might start enjoying it.

Well here what I think....(you might not agree so go ahead and send me your thoughts)
We do a lot of things just because they are inbred in our mind since we are born. I remember being told to be polite, suppress my freedom of speech & thinking because it might offend some one. Initially it was just a matter of our parents, teachers, relatives, friends telling us how to be normal in this society.
Guess what, time passes and you are one of them, you loose individuality. You can't do something which is against the social boundaries. This thinking grows so strong that It is difficult for us to break the mold. We stop thinking about if there is any other way...
We do things we don't like and we keep on doing them.

I am not saying we should be a rebel and start breaking all social rules. I think we should seriously look at the things we don't enjoy and still have to do them. You might find a way to make it enjoyable or may be get out it.

All we need is "think for a second"

No comments: