Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Entrepreneurship.....

Today I am thinking of entrepreneurship, a very exciting and dear subject for me. I have always been interested in doing something, which takes me away from the feeling of working under a lot of constraints.

My definition of entrepreneurship actually differs a lot from definition you get at
Wikipideia entrepreneurship I have always seen entrepreneurship as a freedom call. Freedom from all the work I have to do and do what I want to do.

If you look at websites, companies you will find small ideas carved into a beautiful concept, executed in an excellent way. Networking websites likes linkedin, facebook, myspace and then the next set of enhancing applications like http://www.kartoo.com/ or spock.com - a constant en devour to enhance the functionality, usability etc. All these things excites me a lot since I always wanted to do something which gets me excited, which challenges me, something which I say "I created". I know a lot of people who have left their established careers at the peak for doing something, which to an untrained eye looks like a mundane work. But the satisfaction of doing what you want to do is unparalleled and one has to enjoy it firsthand, no words to describe.

I still remember my first software program I sold (a very basic accounting program I wrote in Dbase III) when I was 14 years old. The money I got in return was way too less compared to my efforts yet it was most rewarding. Satisfaction is a state of mind and no one can explain this.

I feel the process of growing up kills the creativity, as a child the world seemed simple I thought of doing almost every profession possible in the world. Those dreams and creativity couldn't survive the harsh reality. But I think giving up on your dreams and creativity is the first step of growing older. Believing in yourself and trying to live up to your dreams is getting younger.

For me Entrepreneurship in other words is growing younger....!!

3 comments:

expat in mumbai said...

interesting... :)

Anonymous said...

Entrepreneurship is really, in my opinion, all aboout doing what you want and integrate it to business. Thus, entrepreneurs have the passion and drive necessary to push their business onward, and make them succesfull.

Good read!

megha said...

useful info